|Superman: TAS episode|
|Airdate:||October 10, 1997 (USA)|
|Animation Services by:||TMS-Kyokuichi Corporation|
|Written by:||Robert Goodman|
|Directed by:||Hiroyuki Aoyama|
|Episode images (4)|
"Bizarro's World" is the thirty-third episode of Superman: The Animated Series. It depicts the return of Bizarro. After hearing about the Fortress of Solitude, Bizarro learns from the Brainiac orb, that he is Kal-El from the Planet Krypton. Convinced that this is his new home, Bizarro decides to re-create Krypton in Metropolis in every way... including its destruction.
Lois drives up towards the mountain where Luthor's cloning lab used to be. However, before she can get there, she runs into a guard who refuses to let her pass a point on the road. Fortunately, Superman shows up before things get ugly. Superman explains that there is no trace of the lab or Bizarro. They both assume that he is dead.
Meanwhile, Bizarro, who is very much still alive, wanders a snowy mountain confused about himself and looking for his home. He crashed into a ski lodge and sees a news cast about Superman which reveals that his "home" is in the North Pole. Bizarro quickly heads out to investigate, believing that this would be his home.
While flying over the North Pole he hears the animals kept in the Fortress and crashes in. He shatters the glass confining the animals and is attacked by a lizard-like creature, which he takes as his pet. Afterwards, he finds the Brainiac Orb and activates it. He asks Brainiac who he is and where is home is. The orb, believing Bizarro to be Superman, shows him images and tells him of Krypton. Bizarro is overjoyed at hearing this.
Later, Bizarro goes to the Metropolis Cultural Center and starts destructively rearranging the place to make it match the images he saw of Krypton. He claims a building for his house and kidnaps an usher who he mistakes as his father, Jor-El. Lois comes to investigate the situation and Bizarro takes an interest in her. Lois agrees to go with Bizarro into his house to prevent trouble.
While in Bizarro's house, Lois is attacked by the alien lizard which has been renamed "Krypto". Superman shows up and explains Bizarro's motives to Maggie and Turpin and he sees that the building is about to collapse. Shortly afterward, Superman enters into Bizarro's house with a "housewarming gift", a chunk of Kryptonite. However, Bizarro is unaffected by it. Before Superman can do anything else, he is attacked by Krypto and his lead suit is torn. Bizarro throws the Kryptonite at him so that he and Krypto can play fetch. Lois tries to help Superman but Krypto chases her away. To make matters worse, Bizarro leaves to finish making Krypton by blowing it up. His exit causes the building to start to collapse. Fortunately, Superman manages to push the Kryptonite away in time to save everyone in the building.
Superman then heads out after Bizarro who has headed for a missile base. He steals a missile and sends it on its way towards Metropolis. Superman tries to stop the missile but Bizarro intercepts him insisting that Krypton needs the missile. All attempts to stop or deflect the missile are foiled by Bizarro who is determined to make Metropolis Krypton. However, Superman reminds Bizarro about Lois. Bizarro, instead of stopping the missile, rushes to save Lois. With Bizarro out of the way, Superman easily manages to deflect the missile and save Metropolis.
Realizing that Bizarro is too dangerous to be left on Earth, Superman helps him re-enact what happened after Krypton exploded. He takes Bizarro to an uninhabited planet that is still capable of supporting life. Bizarro is unhappy until he sees that Krypto has been brought as well. He is now happy to live on his own world.
- Dan Turpin remarks that "all the wackos" come to Lois. In fact, she has been targeted or endangered by several psychotic killers in various episodes:
- In "The Last Son of Krypton, Part III" she was sequestered by John Corben;
- In "Fun and Games" she was kidnapped by the Toyman;
- In "The Main Man, Part I" she was harassed by Lobo;
- In "Blasts From the Past, Part II" she was held hostage by Jax-Ur and Mala;
- In "Target" she was marked for death by Edward Lytener;
- In "Identity Crisis" she was kidnapped by Bizarro;
- In "Solar Power" she was used as bait (twice) by Luminus;
- In "World's Finest, Part II" she was held hostage by the Joker;
- And in "The Hand of Fate" she was held captive in the Daily Planet by the Karkull.
Background information Edit
Home video releases Edit
- Superman: The Animated Series, Volume Two (DVD)
- Superman: The Complete Animated Series (DVD)
- Superman SuperVillains: Bizarro (DVD)
Production inconsistencies Edit
- If Bizarro's genetic structure is different enough from Superman's that he is unaffected by Kryptonite, then the Brainiac Orb should not have mistaken their DNA.
- "Bizarro's World" is the name of a comics story arc taking place shortly after the Death of Superman.
- "Krypto" is the name of the Superdog in the comics. However, Bizarro's pet alien is the only thing that gets that name in the DC Animated Universe.
- This episode confirms Bizarro's immunity to Kryptonite.
|Tim Daly|| Superman/Clark Kent|
|Dana Delany||Lois Lane|
|Joanna Cassidy||Maggie Sawyer|
|Joseph Bologna||Dan Turpin|
|Lauren Tom||Angela Chen|
|Frank Welker|| Doorman|
Lois: Just think what would have been like for him if he'd lived. First finding out he wasn't... well... you, and then his home, his whole world destroyed in one day. Can you imagine?
Dan Turpin: Scram, Lane, this is a Police matter.
Dan Turpin: You know this guy? Figures... All the wackos come to you.
Superman: Let me guess... Bizarro?
Superman: If Krypton is what Bizarro wants, that's what he's gonna get.
Dan Turpin: I had to take this beat! Humans weren't nuts enough!
Bizarro: This am nice. Superman, Krypto, Dada, Lois, all here with me. Oh, Krypton pretty. So sad now it have to blow up...
| Previously produced episode:|
"The Hand of Fate"
| Episodes of|
Superman: The Animated Series
| Next produced episode:|
| Previously aired episode:|
"The Hand of Fate"
| Next aired episode:|