This is the page where formal requests for bureaucratship are recorded and archived. Bureaucrats are users who can add rollback, sysop and bureaucrat flags to other users, and remove rollback and sysop flags. On the DC Animated Universe Wiki, all bureaucrats also hold a sysop flag.
Currently, requests for bureaucratship are closed. Users who meet minimum voting requirements may nominate an admin for bureaucratship.
There are no concrete requirements for a user to be a bureaucrat, except that the user must already be an admin. However, bureaucrats will usually:
- Be among the biggest contributors to the wiki
- Be highly trusted by the community over a long period of time
- Users must have 50 edits and be a regular contributor for a month to be able to vote or nominate.
- Users who have been absent for extended periods of time (3 months or more) will be considered as "new users" for the purposes of RfB and must make 50 edits and be contributor for a further month before voting.
- Users must have adminship to be able to be made a bureaucrat.
Stage 1: Nominating Edit
- Users may not nominate themselves for bureaucratship. Users must be nominated by another user. The user then has to accept the nomination.
- Users may not nominate each other (e.g. A can't nominate B and B nominate A in the same RfB)
- There will only be one request at a time. A decision will be made on the current request (change/no change) before the next request is considered.
Stage 2: Voting Edit
- Users may vote in support, be neutral, or oppose the bureaucratship nomination. Users must provide a reason behind their position.
- Everyone's vote counts as one vote. Admins do not hold extra power.
- The vote will last for two weeks.
- At the end of the two weeks, a bureaucrat will determine whether consensus has been reached. This means that bureaucrat requests require at least a two-thirds support rate to pass. Strength of argument is more important than the number of votes.