|Static Shock episode|
|Airdate:||January 17th, 2004 (USA)|
|Animation Services by:||Dong Woo Animation Co., LTD.|
|Written by:||Stan Berkowitz|
|Directed by:||Vic Dal Chele|
|Episode images (5)|
"Future Shock" is the fourth season premiere of Static Shock.
- Batman says that Robin is a civilian, meaning that this episode could possiby take place after Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.
- Wonder Woman is mentioned to still be an active member of the Justice League in the 2040s.
Background information Edit
Production notes Edit
- Batman appears in his The New Batman Adventures costume, despite having appeared in his Justice League costume in the earlier episode "A League of Their Own".
Production inconsistensies Edit
- The officers of the Gotham Police Department wear Dakota PD uniforms rather than their own grey and blue.
- Coe leads Batman and Static into the Jokerz lair, but when the view pans over the waiting Jokerz, Coe is seen in the background.
- Terry has trouble remembering the name of the answering machine, calling them "those things people used to have". However, it has been shown in Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker that the answering machine is still in use in the 2040s.
- When Static is traveling through time warp the first time, the Batman Beyond theme plays.
- When Static starts to tell Batman about his future self, Batman replies "I'd rather not know". He later finds out on his own time traveling adventure on the Justice League Unlimited episode "The Once and Future Thing Part Two: Time, Warped" where his future self, his successor, and Static are surviving members of the Justice League.
|Phil LaMarr|| Static/Virgil Hawkins|
|Jason Marsden|| Gear/Richie Foley|
|Kevin Conroy||Batman/Bruce Wayne|
|Will Friedle|| Batman/Terry McGinnis|
|Marc Worden|| Jokerz Gang Member|
Answering machine (uncredited)
|Lance Henriksen||Kobra Leader|
Uncredited appearances Edit
Robin: He learned science from Nobel laureates, martial arts from kung fu masters, and manners from a crocodile.
Static: Isn't there anyone else who could help us? What about Robin?
Terry: What was Bruce like when you knew him?
Virgil: They're just a bunch of clowns, that's all. (ducks a pie thrown by Spike) See? Just a bunch of- (cringes in horror when he sees the "pie" melt through the pillar it hit)
| Previously produced episode:|
"The Parent Trap"
| Episodes of|
| Next produced episode:|
| Previously aired episode:|
"Blast From the Past"
| Next aired episode:|